The relentless countdown to departure ticks away so a quick readiness check;
- Where’s the watermaker – hallway
- Where’s the tri-colour – kitchen
- Where’s the DSC antenna – garage
- the VHF antenna – rear cabin
- AIS antenna – shop
- New chain – boatyard
- Foghorn – shop
- Bilge pumps – shop
- SSB Radio – shop
- Ocean life jackets – shop
- New sails – in manufacture
- Dyneema for gybe preventer – shop
The next round of joinery removal, mast climbing, cable running, soldering and heavy gear placement is just around the corner – can’t wait!
This month is about securing the cooker – the hobs, cast iron stands on the gas side, fitting the pan holders and hopefully finishing the antenna tree with all antennas complete and in place including waterproof cable glands but this is a big ask for a winter month.